We are dedicated to reducing our carbon footprint. As part of our commitment to do so, we’ve taken several steps (small and large) to make our rental house as eco friendly as possible. These steps include:
- An aim to avoid single use plastics. We’ve replaced the plastic that was originally used to cover our cables, swapping it out for fully recyclable paper-tape. We’ve also swapped the plastic wrap on our filters with recyclable non-course tissue paper.
- Our lighting department is committed to purchasing and promoting LED energy saving lights as an alternative to traditional lamps, and any traditional lamps stocked in house are always second hand.
- We recycle all of our batteries locally.
We’ve even taken eco-friendly steps within our premises:
- Our kitroom and office spaces all contain mixed waste recycling bins, we use food compost bins and recycle all glass bottles used on site.
- All of our kitroom cleaning supplies are eco-friendly and we’ve worked closely with our cleaners to ensure all cleaning products used on Feral’s premises are environmentally friendly.
- We’ve gone paperless to the best of our abilities and any paper used is recycled/recyclable paper.
- We’ve swapped all of our lightbulbs with LED bulbs.
- Even our loo rolls are eco friendly!
Take a look our eco policy in full here, and get in touch if you need any more info:
Feral Equipment is also an official supporter of the BECTU Sustainability group. Please read their document, ‘Working Sustainably Within Camera‘, for more information:
BECTU Sustainability v1.0